7 things you should think about before starting a relationship with an office colleague
- You have to be pretty sure that your loved one is pursuing the same goal, i.e. wants a relationship and not a short-term affair.
- Even if there is a tingling sensation, the environment should only be involved after a certain period of time. I recommend about six months. As a rule, it takes that long until you are sure of yourself.
- Any lewdness in the office is to be avoided. And I would advise against any amorous adventures in the copy room.
- Even if it seems impossible, you should think about an exit scenario at the beginning of the relationship in case the relationship breaks down – a possible change of job or department, for example.
- Mutual trust is the most important thing: no jealousies in the company.
- Business comes before privacy.
- Separate cleanly: Private matters remain private, business remains business.
Kathrin Grüneis founded freieherzen.ch (https://www.freieherzen.ch/) as a sole proprietorship in 2011 and converted it into an AG in 2014. She wanted to acquire her current partner as a potential customer for your dating agency. They have been engaged since October 2016, your 50th birthday, and have been living happily as a patchwork family in one household for two years.